Thursday 26 March 2015

What's Happening


Tomorrow, assembly will run from 2:00 to 2:25pm, with final dismissal from neighbourhoods at 2:30pm.


The 5/6 students will be singing during tomorrow's assembly. They have been practising the following song with Deb Kayser, throughout this term:


My Island Home

Neil Murray/ v.4 Christine Anu
1. Six years I've been in the desert
And every night I dream of the sea.
They say home is where you find it.
Will this place ever satisfy me?
2. For I come from the salt water people.
We always live by the sea.
Now, I'm out here west of Alice Springs
With a wife and a family.
CHORUS
And my island home, my  island home,
My island home, is waiting for me.
BRIDGE
In the evening when the dry wind blows
From the hills and across the plains
I close my eyes and I'm standing
In a boat on the sea again.
And i'm holding that long turtle spear,
And I feel I'm close now, to where it must be.
And my island home
is waiting for me.
3. My home is Australia.
We are bound by the sea.
Though I may travel far across the ocean
It will never forget me.

No comments:

Post a Comment